*** Hospital Discharge Admin ***
*** Kettering, Northamptonshire ***
*** Temp to Perm. Full time ***
*** 0830-1630 Mon - Fri ***
*** £18,000 - £22,000 ***
Trusted provider to the NHS since 1995 and we pride ourselves on being a successful, dynamic and growing company. We are the largest independent Care Coordinator in the UK, with a large and ever-growing portfolio of work/contracts with the NHS.
About the Job:
*You will be working closely with hospital discharge teams/social services in a varied role:
* Sourcing both short term and long-term care home placements/packages of care for clients working towards a quick, safe and correct discharge plan for patients.
* Sourcing care to cater for a variety of needs, including complex physical disabilities, challenging behaviour and mental health.
* Liaising with care homes, care agencies, senior health and social care staff, patients and their families.
* Meeting and working with families, often at a great time of stress. You will need to work with them in a sensitive and empathetic way.
* Sharing updates and acting as the link between services and service users.
* Visiting care homes and building relationships with home managers and their teams.
* Working across multiple locations.
* Participating in hospital tracking/stranded/super stranded meetings.
* Building knowledge of the NHS in order to understand the pressures and importance of timely discharges.
* Highly driven / motivated.
* Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to adapt your approach to suit a diverse audience.
* Administration - you must take pride in the quality of your work and protect the sensitive data you will be handling / exposed to.
* High attention to detail.
* Confident user of systems/databases/Microsoft Office.
* Excellent organisation / time management.
* Problem solver / able to use own initiative / ability to adapt to change quickly.
* Able to work in challenging environments.
* Natural multitasker and ability to prioritise workload.
* Proactive rather than responsive.
* Confident in managing complex queries / situations.
* Calm under pressure.
* Keen to exceed expectations / targets.
* Able to follow processes.
* Forward thinking with a persuasive and positive, can-do manner.
* Desire to learn and develop through feedback.
Supporting discharging of patients into long term care, or home with support. We track and monitor a number of patients in the community. We triage patients in hospital to ensure the correct discharge planning. The candidate needs to be a quick learner, ability to build relationships, empathetic, supportive, able to think outside the box, always ask why, confident to challenge, happy to be wrong, willing to learn and adapt to a ever changing environment. Emphatic and able to deal with difficult situations and scenarios.
Salary & benefits;
* Starting on a short term contract, pay starting at £10p/h - £20,800 p/a with opportunity for permanent placement.
* enrolment to company pension after 3 months.
* accrued holiday pay.
* More benefits if placed on permanent contract.
* Registration with BS Social Care.
* DBS basic or enhanced on update service.
* Full employment history since Secondary School.
* Interview with client.
Please call Matt on 01604 448408 or email for more information