- Expiry date:
- Start date: Apply Now Job Description Locations: CT12 5FF Hours: full time, you may be asked to work on a 24/7 shift pattern. You will work 37 hours per week. I note BF have not mentioned in their JD. Working for/with? a public sector provider, this role provides a fantastic opportunity to serve the Government and your Country, You will need to be self-motivated, flexible and prepared to work across a range of duties, these could include:
- As part of a team, you will work to carry out a range of documentary functions on goods before they are cleared in to and from the United Kingdom. A front facing customer role liaising with members of the public.
- The Role:
- National: £10.73per hour up to £12.14per hour (dependant on shift) + 31 days holiday accrual
- Job Title: Administration Officer
- Save job You need to sign in or create an account to save
- Acting as the primary point of contact for customers
- Gathering information directly from customers accurately
- Inputting information into systems, ensuring details are entered correctly and promptly
- Resolving issues/queries or escalating to a line manager as necessary The skills you'll bring and develop include:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic numerical and analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills to support our customer
- Basic IT skills Essential Criteria:
- These roles are reserved. You;
- You will follow our guidance to take appropriate action where something isn't as it should be, contributing to our vital purpose: protecting EU/UK legitimate trade. No previous experience is required, as full training and necessary equipment will be provided. However, team working, and good communication skills will be critical. You will need good interpersonal skills, a flexible approach and a positive attitude. The ability to work unsupervised and use your initiative is essential as well as being able to take direction from peers or more senior colleagues. You will also need the ability to work at pace.
- Must: hold a full and valid passport;
- Must: be able to provide all ID documents we need to complete your pre-employment screening and security clearance. DBS Basic Clearance is required.
- a strong sense of personal ethics and integrity;
The role is based at one specific location for start/ end of duty, but you might be required to work at alternative locations throughout your shift and transport will be provided for this.
This role could potentially involve standing for long periods. Your ability to adhere to safety guidelines and being able to observe signage and floor markings is important, safety equipment is provided as necessary.