We are looking for business administrators to join our client HMP Askham Grange (York) on a temporary basis
If you have a strong admin background and are seeking opportunities within the prison service, this may be the opportunity for you
- Location: HMP Askham Grange, Askham Richard, York, YO23 3FT
- Hours: Monday- Friday 37 hours a week - 9-5
- Assignment length: Until 21/11/2022- could be extended subject to business requirements and if you are succeeding in the role you will be encouraged to apply for the permanent vacancies
- Salary: £09.06 per hour rising to £10.11 per hour after 12 weeksThe Role
This is a non operational role which may involve contact with prisoners depending on your area of work.
- The successful candidate will provide administrative support to managers and frontline staff by undertaking transactional work in a particular area.
HM Prison Askham Grange is a Womens prison just located outside York, In Askham Richard Village and is operated by Her Majesty's Prison Service.
- Organise, produce and maintain accurate records for area of work
- Act as contact point for all communications to the team. Prioritise and distribute communications to the appropriate person or relevant department in establishment
- Complete monitoring returns for area of work
- Input requisitions on to the finance database and process requisitions for defined area of work
- Co-ordinate any awareness sessions for area of work
- Prepare paperwork for checking by manager, conducting initial checks as required
- Correspond with relevant stakeholders and agencies to ensure that they are aware of information so that information is adequately shared
- Maintain and check establishment databases, manual filing systems and logs of information, responding within agreed timescales and producing reports as required
- Collate information relating to relevant Service Delivery Indicators (SDI's)
- Act as secretary to meetings as required including organising agenda, taking, distributing minutes and action points
- Performance monitoring, audit preparation, correspondence monitoring, complaints clerk. General admin duties
As the successful candidate you must:
- Have a strong admin background
- Confident user of MS Office
- Able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Confident with dealing with various stakeholders
- Proficiency in all Word applications, especially word and Excel
- Profiency in databases.
If this role sounds of interest to you then please apply now or send your CV directly to myself