Job title: Administrator - Practice Learning Support Unit
Location: Liverpool City Centre
Contract: 3 months with possible extension
Hours: 37 hours a week 830am - 430pm
Pay: £10.75 p/h
To act as the first point of contact for face to face, telephone and email enquiries in relation to Practice Learning within the Faculty of Health, to include day to day liaison with students, external agencies and other University departments. To allocate placements and provide administrative support within the Practice Learning Support Unit, this will incorporate administrative duties related to the quality of placement allocation, audit and evaluation processes and problem solving.
- To provide a high quality accessible customer focussed service to meet the needs of students, staff and stakeholders
- The role holder will be required to contact placement providers, emailing, liaising and networking with providers to source suitable placements for students
- Responsible for sourcing placement: role holder will need to be familiar with all programmes and levels relating to Work Related Learning
- Allocation of students to placements across a variety of programmes and year groups
- Maintenance and use of associated IT systems to support placement learning, outside of the normal university structured systems
- The preparation and maintenance of practice learning related records, including student records, monitoring attendance
- To prepare and upload student, academic and programme information to the online evaluation tool
- Safeguarding checks: Ensuring student have completed the appropriate safeguarding checks and trouble shoot any problems relating to DBS and other clearances
- Produce spreadsheets containing, financial information for payments to school based tutors and travel expenses for students. Liaise with finance team
What we are looking for:
A good standard of education evidenced by 5 GCSEs (Grades A* - C) or equivalent
Previous administrative experience in an Education or NHS environment, or relevant life experience
Good interpersonal skills
Able to work under minimum supervision and as part of a team
Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Discretion, tact and diplomacy
Annual leave: allowance of 30 days (for grade 3-7 staff) and 35 days (for grades 8 and above) plus 8 public holidays.
Pension: access to a generous defined benefit pension scheme.
Travel: various interest free travel loans for annual season tickets, cycle to work scheme and reduced-rate city centre car parking.
Flexible working: maintain a healthy balance between work and home life with opportunities to work flexibly - including flexi time and job sharing where possible.
Health and wellbeing: we offer counselling and advice services, a voluntary dental plan option and free off-peak gym membership to help you keep fit.
In date passport OR Full birth certificate paired with provisional or driving license
2x proof of address (eg: bank statement, utility bill, council tax)
Proof of NI (eg: NI card, P60, HMRC letter
If you are intersted in this role then please apply online today with your most up to date CV