Administrator - Safeguarding Team
Ongoing temporary basis
Glasgow (WFH moving to hybrid)
£11.23 per hour
Brook Street are working with their esteemed public sector client to join their fabulous team to assist them with this important role. This is a fabulous opportunity to make a difference to those in society that need a caring hand.
The successful candidate will support the Safeguarding Lead to deliver high level outcomes by working in collaboration with colleagues from across the asylum environment and safeguarding colleagues from across UKVI and BICS.
Overall Aims of the Post:
To support the delivery aims and targets of the Asylum Safeguarding Hub as required by the Asylum Migration and Integration Fund Agreement.
- Developing knowledge on aspects of safeguarding; including safeguarding indicators and our safeguarding policies, procedures and SOPS in relation to children and adults.
- Checking the Hub inboxes regularly, highlighting any emails to safeguarding colleagues that require actionW
- Where directed providing a quick response to queries and identify appropriate safeguarding action.
- Update management information records to ensure that all detail, actions and recommendations are captured and correct
- Recording and monitoring all missing children in the area, ensure they are reported missing and update CID.
- Provide regular statistics to the Safeguarding EO / HEO.
- Responding to emails from social workers who require updates on their missing cases in a timely manner.
- Being the main point of contact for Police missing person liaison officer
- Assist the safeguarding team to progress safeguarding cases as directed by the Safeguarding EO / HEO.
- Undertake routine resumption action
- Regularly engage with staff to ensure they understand Home Office priorities and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding children and adults at risk, and our Section 55 duty. This will involve participating in awareness talks and training sessions as required
- Attend meetings with the safeguarding manager as required
- Identify where safeguarding processes can be improved and raise with your regional Hub and/or the wider Hub network.
- Keeping accurate records of all cases and providing accurate reports to the Safeguarding HEO as required
- Be a positive role model, particularly on equality and diversity issues.
- Where required provide cover for the EO during periods of absence
- You will be part of a national network and will be expected to undertake occasional travel to participate in Safeguarding Hub events.
- Previous admin experience - in a safeguarding environment desirable.
- Proficient in all Microsoft packages.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
To be successful in this role you must be able to provide references for the last 3 years along with undergo Government security checks.