Role Purpose/ Summary: To provide efficient and responsive administrative and editorial assistance to one or more of the Practical Law Practice Areas within Editorial, Legal Solutions UKI.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Conducting and/or supporting the process for trawling websites and other sources of information to identify developments to cover in the Practical Law current awareness product offering.
- In collaboration with senior colleagues, filtering irrelevant results from the trawl, flagging how trawl items relate to previously covered items.
- Managing the processes for sending daily and weekly update e-mails and alerts.
- With support and supervision from colleagues, writing first drafts of new content for online publication and maintaining existing content, liaising with others to ensure that content is up-to-date and reflects current legal and market practice and is of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and customer needs.
- Under supervision, making changes to published content as part of the maintenance cycle.
- Assisting with the maintenance of online and hard copy resources, including legislation trackers.
- With support and supervision from colleagues, responding to queries from customers and providing support to others to ensure that questions are answered and published appropriately.
- Proof reading new content, making corrections and ensuring that new content is produced in compliance with technical and editorial requirements.
- Providing administrative support to the group to help implement new technology and working systems.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent proof-reading skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency in online searching.
- Experienced in and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experienced in working to deadlines and able to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Experienced in assimilating and applying new complex information.
- Experienced in working well under pressure to meet deadlines.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working in a Legal/Publishing environment.
- Previous experience using technology to create and disseminate online content.
- Knowledge of or some training in law.
Education/ Certifications Required:
- Undergraduate Law Degree (2:1 or above); or
- Undergraduate Degree in a subject other than Law (2:1 or above) and Graduate Diploma in Law.