We are working in partnership with an organisation who provide support to those with autism and their families, commissioners and others, to provide specialist autism specific, person centred support.
We are recruiting for a benefits officer who will support those in Wales who do not qualify for social services support funding.
You will play an important role, delivering welfare benefit support for autistic adults as part of the work that the organisation is providing.
You will assess the needs of referrals and determine an appropriate support response, and regularly review the effectiveness of support being provided by the service.
You will provide and develop structured one to one and group sessions for those with autism in the areas of welfare benefits and employment.
Provide autism awareness sessions to groups including people with autism, their families, internal staff and external agencies. This will include the delivery of welfare benefit specific training. Supporting the transition of autistic people into appropriate training and education opportunities.
You will manage a caseload of individuals, and prepare and provide supporting documentation as necessary. Provide budgeting support including supporting access to emergency financial support such as Food Bank vouchers and the Discretionary Assistance Fund.
Provide and develop benefit advice and support as part of the wider support the service provides, including better off calculations for people seeking to undertake employment.
We would love to hear from those who;
- Have experience working with and providing support to those with Autism and/or Asperger Syndrome
- Working knowledge of the welfare benefits system - such as; Universal Credit, PPI, and Working Tax Credits.
- Educated to degree level
- Ability to manage groups whilst understanding the needs of the individual
What you'll get in return;
- An enhanced DBS is needed for this role, the cost of this will be covered.
- Progression opportunities and career pathways
- Full training and development programme to support you in your role.
- 23 days plus 8 Bank Holidays, rising to 26 days with 3 years' service
- Free Employee Assistance Programme with qualified advisors trained to help, 24 hours a day, any day of the year
- Long service entitlements - after 1, 2 and 3 complete years of service, you will benefit from additional leave pro rata up to 3/5ths of a week of leave after 3 complete years of service.
- Option to sell annual leave (subject to eligibility)
Please apply today to be considered!