Business Support Clerk - Ministry of Defence (MOD)
Pay rate - £11.01PH
Location - Lincoln (LN1)
Hours- Monday - Friday
Brook street are looking for a business support clerk to work for our client, MOD. This is a temporary position until December 2022.
The position will cover all aspects of RAF Scampton business, focusing on Governance and Assurance and In Year Management. You will provide Governance and Assurance on all financial administration and management, referring to the Ministry of Defence?s (MoD) policy documents to ensure the information you give is correct.
You will assist the Business Manager in acting as the Station/Unit with a Point of Contact for Civilian information referring to the civilian HR policy provided. You will use the provided MoD policies to provide advice to the Station Commander and Station Executives when necessary. You will be required to liaise regularly with the Business Manager and Officer Commanding Accounts Flight. The role will involve ad hoc tasks relating to closing the Station and a degree of flexibility in tasking will be required. The position is predominantly based at RAF Scampton.
Responsibilities will include:
- Report running.
- Audit civilian claims and expenditure.
- Collation of data and data entry.
- Invoice management and/or payment.
- Financial approvals.
- Provide essential business support to business manager and Officer Commanding Accounts Flight.
- Ensure monthly and quarterly reports are submitted to AIR COMMAND on time.
- Assist OC Accounts with covering the station Cash office if required.
- Involvement in record management in relation to Station drawdown.
- Keen eye for detail
- Good use of excel and M/S packages
- Willing to learn and develop
- Experience in working with reports/spreadsheets
- Finance background is desirable