Business Support Officer
Hours - Monday to Friday 9-5
£14.01 an hour
Contract - 6 months with a possible extension
This is an exciting opportunity to work in challenging, varied and important roles that are primarily focused on supporting the day-to-day business of the Director, our Deputy Directors and their legal teams You will be part of the division's Business Management Team and the roles require a very strong skills set in organisation and communication, meeting challenging deadlines and a high degree of attention to detail. All round IT skills are needed as well as the ability to communicate with staff at all grades.
The roles include:
- Day to day management of the Director's diaries and arrangements, balancing conflicting appointments, managing priorities, and ensuring that the Director is prepared for key meetings.
- Liaising with clients as necessary and supporting the provision of an efficient legal service.
- Statutory Instruments processing
- Scheduling meetings (video and audio), preparing agendas, distributing papers, and recording of minutes where required
- Administration of timesheets
- Filing and managing databases, email distribution lists and shared drives and preparing management records such as annual leave charts
- Helping to organise events
- Preparing papers for lawyers
- Ensuring new staff have relevant IT and systems access
- Escorting visitors
- General team admin duties as required
This list is not exhaustive, and the successful candidates will be required to provide ad hoc support where and when necessary.
" Be able to work well on their own initiative and as part of a team.
" Business Support admin experience is needed
" Work methodically, accurately and with attention to detail.
" Have excellent communication skills.
" Be confident using IT.
" Be able to meet deadlines.
" Be discreet when dealing with sensitive personal and official information and recognise the need for confidentiality.
" Be flexible
Please note due to working for a Government Department we would need to process a high level clearance to be successful