Up to £45,000
We are working in partnership with a 28 bed residential care home based in Burnham-On-Sea who are currently recruiting for a Care Manager.
We are looking for a friendly, professional, enthusiastic and capable Care Manager to assist with the day-to-day management of the home. The role will focus on efficiently overseeing the care of residents, managing the staff team and other resources. Their aim is to create a person-centred environment in which each resident is able to lead a full, stimulated, comfortable and happy life.
This is a full time position working 37.5 hours a week Monday - Friday, however some occasional weekend work may be required.
The duties of the role:
- To ensure that the home meets and where practicable exceeds the standards set out by the CQC and other relevant bodies and statutory authorities.
- To create, oversee and manage individualised Care Plans for each resident and day care service users in accordance with the latest guidance from the Care Quality Commission.
- To ensure that the home is appropriately staffed at all times by overseeing the duty rota and keeping the needs of residents under review.
- To conduct pre-admission assessments.
- To assume overall responsibility for all aspects of medication in the home.
- To attend and contribute to all visits by visiting inspectors.
- To work closely with the care staff and be able to deliver hands-on care when required.
- To manage any complaints in respect of the home, in conjunction with the Registered Manager.
- To identify own training needs and agree key objectives with the Registered Manager and to keep up to date with current practice.
- To maintain our Gold Standards Framework accreditation.
- To ensure a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness in the home is maintained at all times in accordance with infection prevention and control legislation.
- To assist the Registered Manager with maintaining audits measuring organisational performance.
- To portray a professional image, maintain regular and consistent attendance, punctuality and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures.
- To assist and support with marketing of the home and building positive relationships with the local community.
- To propose ideas and initiatives to the Registered Manager for continuing to improve the services of the home.
- Manage, motivate, recruit, train and develop staff, according to company policies and employment laws, and ensure relevant HR procedures are followed. This includes but is not limited to conducting staff interviews, training, mentoring, inductions, supervisions and appraisals, ensuring that staff are accountable in maintaining standards, work well together and feel supported to grow in their roles.
What we are looking for:
- Level 5 in Care or equivalent
- Supervisory/management experience within a similar setting
- In-depth working knowledge of current CQC standards and Health and Social Care legislation
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Ability to work flexibly
- Full UK driving licence and own transport
What you'll get in return:
- Company pension with employer contributions
- Investment in your personal development and training
- 28 Days holiday entitlement including bank holidays
- Free meals
- On-site parking
If you would like to start an exciting and rewarding career with the opportunity to shape the future of the home please apply today!