Care Manager - Independent Living Development
32 hours a week - £12.50 p/h
We are working in partnership with a well established client, who are looking for a Manager for their retirement living development based on the outskirts of Taunton.
They offer independent living for those who are retired, who are living within a development consisting of cottages, houses and flats.
They provide a range of friendly, welcoming and professional support services, including occasional day care, to assisted living providing the independence many of the resident's desire, through to specialist dementia care for those in most need of our support.
- You will enhance resident's quality of life by enabling them to maintain their independence by being available to residents, arranging appropriate help and support and facilitating social interaction and help residents enjoy their life.
- You will be passionate about supporting people to live as independently as possible and to lead fulfilling lives, as with all employees, you will be expected to work within staff values and promote these at all times by being an effective communicator, passionate about your work, encouraging team work and having a positive attitude. Overall, you should have pride in your work.
What we are looking for:
- You will need to have had 2 years previous experience of working in a retirement living development or similar type of role within customer service, hospitality or care environment
- NVQ Level 3 Health & Social Care
- Understanding of the needs of older people
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a caring approach
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
Please apply today, or email for further information