I am currently working In partnership with an established charitable organisation that are looking to expand their team with a new role. A Domestic Abuse Case manager. As a Case Manager you will be responsible to working one to one with perpetrators of domestic abuse and their victims.
You will work with a caseload of domestic abuse perpetrators and victims to support with issues relating to housing, finances and employment, as well as carrying out behavioural change work to address any deeper issues and equip service users with coping skills.
Your day to day duties and scope of the job will consist of;
* To work within the organisations quality assurance framework and ensure you provide a quality service to both victims and survivors of sexual violence and abuse;
* Focus on and prioritise high risk cases and provide a pro-active, short to medium term crisis intervention service through individual safety planning and personal support.
* Have an excellent over view and understanding of all aspects of domestic abuse, sexual violence and trafficking to be able to advise agencies and clients of services and support available and their referral pathways
* To develop and maintain a culture and systems that promote equality and value diversity and offer empathy to victims of interpersonal violence
The ideal candidate should also have the following key skills and experience;
* Experience of working with vulnerable people
*Experience of managing caseloads and be happy to travel
*Experience of working within a multi-agency and legislative framework.
* Have a good understanding of domestic abuse and sexual violence as well risk assessments, including the impact of domestic abuse on victims and their children.
You must also have experience in both mental health and domestic violence and will ideally hold a minimum of a level 3 qualification in a relevant subject such as Mental Health, Social Care or Counselling.
The role will involve a mixture of home and office work, and the hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm. Due to funding this will initially be a 9-month position but may be extended if successful.
In return for your extensive skills, knowledge, and experience, you will receive a generous salary of £26600 and annual leave allowance, access to continued training and development, and the opportunity to make a difference to a large group of people.
Immediate interviews are available, and this will be quick turnaround in terms of start date, so, if you have a short notice period and a DBS on the update service, you could join this fabulous organisation ASAP.