Category Manager- Park Royal
£28k-£40k per annual year
Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
An excellent opportunity has become available working for one on of the UK's largest wholesaling and trading company. Our client is currently recruiting for a Category Manager The perfect candidate must be highly organised and experience within the wholesaling Buying industry would be an essential.
- The individual is responsible for executing customer focused product decisions including product, price, promotion, placement, people and performance.
- Specifically choosing the Range, negotiating with suppliers.
- Providing leadership and strategic direction to the Category Team to enable all sub-categories to achieve the financial plan.
- Developing and delivering the range plans.
- Ensuring the category and sub-category budgets roll up to their agreed contribution of the total trading budget.
- Working with the Supply Chain team to complete open-to-buy forecast
- Annual Category Planning
- Building the range plan.
- Developing and managing promotions pricing strategy and promotional plans.
- Determining prices on all items to achieve category margins.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent retail / wholesale experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in retail / wholesale industry.
- Buying, inventory or analysis experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the market, retail / wholesale business and customers.
- Knowledge of business drivers (e.g., pricing, promotion, range).
- Planning skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Sense of product trends.
- Enthusiasm, initiative and passion for retail / wholesale.
- Office computer skills; able to learn company systems and tools, preference for Microsoft application experience.
- If this is something of interest please apply online today for more information.