Location: East Sussex / West Sussex
Brook Street Social Care are currently working with an organisation which specialises in providing residential care for children between 6-16. The services offer therapeutic care to children who have social emotional and behavioural difficulties. These children require experienced and trained staff who have the skills to provide high levels of care within an OFsted registered home.
Our clients work with children who have experienced some forms of trauma, and present a range of different challenging behaviours. We are looking for staff who understand the needs of these children, and can work with them towards reaching semi independence.
We are seeking candidates who have the following skills:
- Working with children who can present challenging behaviours
- Understanding the needs of young people who have underlined issues around mental health, learning disabilities, and other factors that require additional support
- Producing accurate records of observations and assessments of the children, and being able to liaise with multi agencies where necessary.
- NVQ Level 3 (Children and young people workforce or residential childcare)
- Minimum of 1 years experience working with young people within a registered OFSTED environment or semi independent setting
- Intermediate report writing skills - ability to produce reports and observations
This role is paying up to £11 per hour (PAYE) depending on experience and qualifications.
For further information please contact Junior Lee via