Residential Support Worker - Children and Young People
Are you an experienced support worker looking for a new role or additional work that will give you variety and a sense of achievement? A role that weekly pay, holidays and pension entitlement? If so, get in touch!
We have a fantastic organisation based in the Bridgend area who are looking for experienced support workers who have a background in working with children and young people.
Your role as a support worker would be working with children and young people who display challenging behaviour and emotional behavioural difficulties, maintain a high quality of care and support which meets the physical, emotional, intellectual, social and cultural needs of children and young people within the service and to provide a caring, supportive and nurturing environment in which children/young people can feel secure and free from harm.
Successful candidates will have great communication, organisational and interpersonal skills as well as initiative to help the amazing teams of staff in the various services we support. Candidates must be open, honest, transparent and recognise individual needs of the children and young people.
What we'll need from you:
- At least 6 months experience working with Children or Young People
- A DBS registered on the Update Service would be a great advantage
- Physical restraint training is essential
- Ability to work alone or within a team
- Experience with ADHD and understanding challenging behaviour is preferred
- Ability to monitor and ensure the safety and security of the residents
- You must have an approachable, proactive and friendly attitude towards works
- Full driving license and access to a vehicle is desirable
Why join us? Why not! We offer:
- Weekly pay
- Holiday and pension entitlement
- Double pay on bank holidays
- Competitive rates of pay
- 24hr contact with the BS Social Care team
- Flexible days and hours
Sounds good? Apply today!
For any queries or an informal chat, please call BS Social Care on 02920 224755 or message Laura on 07483 919094. Alternatively, our doors are now open for a chat. Hope to hear from you soon!