Position: Community Care Assistant
Salary: £9 - £9.85
Department: Care and Support
As a support worker in the Neath area, your role is so important. You will be able to enable people to be as independent as possible. Helping people who are Deaf or have hearing loss to make healthy lifestyle choices whilst shopping and preparing food. Supporting them to maintain their tenancies, be on hand to help them manage their money, attend medical appointments, social events, and days out, weekends away and go to work. Offering encouragement to improve their mobility and supporting them to keep as active as possible is important too. You may have to support people, to help them to communicate with others, but equally important is an ability to be able to listen and care, like all of us, the people you support can be anxious and worried sometimes, so patience and understanding is key. The people you will support have a variety of interests and hobbies, for example, watching rugby and football matches, using social media, cookery, arts and crafts, watching films and they all love to be driven to or to visit places far and wide and to keep in touch with their families and friends.
Our client offers a wide range of high quality residential and community services providing specialist care and support for deaf and hard of hearing people with additional needs across the UK.
They`re committed to person centred working. Everyone who uses their services has the right to:
- " Privacy, dignity, choice, maximum possible independence and support to help reach their full potential.
- " Communicate in their chosen way.
- " Be valued and respected as individuals, recognising that everyone is different and offering equal opportunities.
- " Everyday life opportunities through support from our staff.
- " Be involved in the planning of their own care or support.
- " Live safely and securely and to a comfortable standard.
- " Influence the type of services that we provide.
- " Confidential access to information about themselves, and to know how we might share this information with others.
- " An independent advocate if they want one.
- " Make a complaint about any service and to have their complaint investigated using our complaints procedure, in a way they can understand.
We aim to tailor this to the communication needs of the people who use them so that it is completely accessible to them.
Choosing to work in Care and Support is one of the most fulfilling and exciting decisions you can make. You will also get the chance to complete the NVQ/Diploma Level 3 in Care or equivalent and have access to up to date training. With any job there will be ups and downs but working in social care has very specific rewards and challenges.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- " Deliver a person centred service for the people that use our services.
- " To work with staff team to enhance, develop and maintain the potential of the people using our services.
- " Extend the opportunity for people who use our service to have improved/increased contact and citizenship within the wider community.
- " Work in partnership with people that use our services to encourage choice, participation and motivation whilst adhering to the values of the organisation.
- " To have use of own car and be willing and able to drive own vehicle as required (if in receipt of a full/clean driving licence)
- " To regularly undertake up to date training and complete the All Wales Induction Standards Framework workbooks
- " Depending on available service, to do sleep-ins and fully work within a 7 day shift rota system, with rotas subject to change.
- To take the people we support on holidays if required.
If this is the role for you please apply