We have an exciting new job opportunity for a court usher position to join one of our Government clients working in Dartford County Court.
key responsibilities may include:
- First point of contact for all court usher
- Regular contact with the judiciary
- Assisting the admin staff with smooth flow of the court work
- Meeting members of the public and their legal representatives
- Preparing court hearing rooms and complete documentations
- General clerical work as required to support the work of HMCTS
Although many of the tasks are straightforward, regulated by well-established guidelines and/or detailed instructions, an Usher needs to be prepared to react quickly and professionally to situations, some of which may be unexpected. You will be comfortable in dealing sensitively and professionally with people from all walks of life; many of whom may be vulnerable and under stress. Advice and support are readily available and there is little discretion to depart from standard procedures, which may well require you to take a firm stance when those procedures are not understood or welcomed by a court user. Ushers work within a team with regular management support and are responsible for their own time.
Full training given
£11.21 per hour
DBS will be checked before this position is offered.