BS Social Care
Crisis Support Worker - £23,805 p/a plus holiday pay on top! This is a temp contract for at least 2 months. Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm.
Do you want to make a difference to another person's life? Here at BS Social Care we have an exciting opportunity for a compassionate and motivated person to join a Independent Domestic Violence Advisor Scheme in Carmarthenshire. Please read on to find out more about the incredible work our client delivers and for you to apply to their amazing team...
Your main role will involved:
- Addressing the safety of victims who are at high risk of domestic abuse.
- Work as a victim's main point of contact from the point of crisis through to discussing suitable options available to them and develop safety plans.
- Be pro-active in implementing the plans, including actions from MARAC, which address immediate safety and enable victims to protect themselves and their children, as well as longer-term solutions, using sanctions and services via criminal and civil courts, housing options and other organisations.
- Provide short- to medium-term support to promote long-term safety.
- Work as part of an IDVA service and within a multi-agency framework, keeping the client's perspective and safety is at the centre of proceedings.
- Be engaging with high-risk clients, achieve clear and measurable improvements in safety, including a reduction in the escalation and severity of abuse and a reduction or cessation in repeat incidents of abuse.
- Candidates will need to have previous experience working in a similar role. Candidates who have experience working with domestic abuse is advantageous.
If you are interested in this position or would like some more information, please call Sheonagh on 02920 2247 55 or apply to this role online.