Customer Service Assistant
Edinburgh Waverley Station
Full Time - temporary assignment
Brook Street are working with a client to place 1 Customer Service Assistant (on a temporary basis.) This role requires a resilient individual with consistently high standards of customer service, safety and customer care. An Ideal candidate should be presentable, approachable and have excellent written and communication skills and a keen eye for safety, coupled with customer service experience.
Provide a highly visible point of contact for station users providing customer service to all, including visitors, contractors, retailers, TOC`s and customers travelling throughout the station.
- Undertake regular station checks including contractor compliance, security, safety and equipment in accordance with relevant company standards and procedures, completing the relevant paperwork for audit purposes.
- Respond to and record emergencies and incidents involving the general public and industry partners, as required.
- Provide a point of contact for the reporting of faults within the station, maintaining appropriate records, reviewing and closing actions as required.
- Actively assist and provide information to customers travelling throughout the station.
- Check contractors have relevant risk assessments and method statements prior to issuing Permit to Work.
- In liaison with customers, external authorities and regulators, implement plans to prevent and manage criminal activity on the station, including discouraging and preventing unauthorised persons from entering or remaining on the station.
- Provide a proactive role in dealing with hazards or unsafe conditions, checking that all such occurrences are reported correctly
- Fulfil allocated duties as prescribed within Emergency Plans.
- Strong communication skills, in both oral and written forms.
- Ability to understand the perspective of and interact with diverse people.
- Well-presented and groomed.
- Comfortable working at night.
- Experience in customer service
35 hours, 5 days over 7
Shifts on a rota - 7am - 4 pm and 2pm - 11pm
To progress in this role, you will have to pass Disclosure clearance and 3 years of work referencing,