Are you looking for a new challenging role?
Are you committed to delivering excellent service? Can you work within a fast-paced busy environment? Are you organised and willing to use your own initiative?
Job title: Democratic Services Team Leader
Hours: Full-time 37 hours, Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 17:00pm
Position Length: 6 months
Salary: £35,000k- 42,000k per annum - DOE
Some Of The Main Duties:
- The work will involve providing administrative support to meetings, preparing committee agendas, reports and minutes, and participating in other activities to support the County Council's democratic processes
- To stand in for the Democratic Services Manager in their absence.
- To ensure the Democratic Services Team operate in an efficient, effective and politically sensitive impartial way.
- To undertake a structural and procedural review of the Democratic Services Team to ensure they meet the Council' expectations
- To assist with the leading and direction of the work ensuring that it is well managed; that services are delivered to high standards and meet customer needs.
- To assist with reviewing the work of the team and formulate service development proposals in order to maintain and develop a modern, efficient and effective Democratic Services function, including delivery of virtual meetings, webcasting and a transition to paperless meetings.
- Support the development of an effective, evidence-based and outward looking scrutiny and overview function through the provision of advice, policy skills, research and other support.
- Support the Council's elected Members to fulfil their roles including the design and delivery of a Member Development Programme that ensures councillors have the skills, knowledge and experience required to undertake their roles
- Support the co-ordination, promotion of the democratic processes of the Council and ensure the efficient and effective servicing of its meetings.
You Will Need:-
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Be literate and numerate.
- Good understanding of the environment that Councils operate in
- Ability to quickly build a good working relationship with Councillors.
- Experience of working in a Democratic Services Team OR experience of working for other public sector functions and an ability to quickly learn the workings of a democratic services function.
- Project Management, TQM or process mapping experience would be desirable but not essential
If the above is what you're looking for then APPLY today or contact Clare Rook at Brook Street, Peterborough on 07483 458787 or email for further information!