*Deputy care manager - domestic violence*
*Full time permanent Cardiff*
*£26,000 per annum*
We are working alongside a fantastic women's refuge organisation who are recruiting for a deputy care manager.
The charity is a women`s equality organisation which exists to eradicate violence against women and girls and to support survivors. They recognise that ending violence and abuse takes a whole society approach to social change, and it needs your to help them achieve this!
This is a full time position where you would need flexibility to work on call hours, weekend and bank holidays.
If you are a dynamic, inquisitive person who has a passion for rights, diversity and inclusion and want to fight alongside those who may not have a voice, we would like to hear from you!
- Generous annual leave package
- Life assurance
- Employee assistance programme to support your health and well being at work and at home
- Flexi working
- Paid company sick pay
- Living wage employer
- Bike to work scheme and more!
About the role
- Deliver expert, specialist, independent domestic violence/abuse and other violence/abuse and other violence services to women and children through a range of delivery mechanisms.
- You will be supporting a multi-faced team of specialist IPA's
- Promote good communication using regular team meetings
- Assist with the day to day operation of staff
- Assist in maintaining appropriate levels of cover within the team
- Support the team manager in staff supervision
- Prepare case studies
- Develop and deliver training for support staff
- Completing in on call duties
- You will have management skills and experience
- You will have a thorough understanding of domestic violence
- You will have a good knowledge of the civil and criminal justice system for victims of domestic abuse and their children
- Understand child protection issues and how to respond effectively
- You will have experience of working with vulnerable people
- Good IT skills
- You will hold a Safelives IDVA training certificate or a relevant degree or vocational qualification or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience
- Excellent communication, negotiation and advisory skills
- You will be confident and efficient in dealing with crisis situations
- You will have a flexible approach to working
- You will be a driver and have access to your own car
If you are looking for a new and rewarding role with an organisation that truly makes a difference apply today or contact Stacey at BS Social Care