Brook Street Social Care are working with an organisation that specialises in providing care and support to vulnerable children and young people. The organisation is one of the most reputable childcare companies with all homes rated at "good or Outstanding" by OFsted. Due to a growth in the business there is a large recruitment campaign to attract the best Children`s care specialists, to join the company at this time of expansion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To ensure that the children and young person's primary and developmental needs are priority by working to develop a strong caring ethos based on the organisations statement of purpose. Creating a safe environment in which the children and young people feel emotionally & physically secure, and thus facilitates the guidance & the development of their self-esteem and full potential.
The work of a Deputy Home Manager will, at times, be challenging and will include, but is not limited to duties such as:
- As part of the management team, under the guidance and facilitation of the Home Manager. Ensure that the children and young person's primary and developmental needs are priority. By working to develop a strong caring ethos based on The organisations statement of Purpose and Function. Creating a safe environment in which the children feel emotionally & physically secure, and thus facilitates the guidance & the development of their self-esteem and full potential.
- As part of the management team, under the guidance and facilitation of the Home Manage set in place procedures and processes within current government regulations and company policies/procedures, which ensure that all unit staff have a good knowledge and understanding of legal and registration requirements and are working to ensure that all National Care Standards are met to an exceptional level.
- Manage the physical resources of the home in line with legal, Inspection & registration guidelines / requirements and company policies, while leading the staff team on shift.
- Monitor & review effective procedures to manage all Health & Safety requirements of the home in line with legal requirements. Take responsibility for ensuring all correct procedures are followed while leading the staff team on shift.
- Take responsibility for the co-ordination and the correct recording of all financial expenditure while leading the staff team on a shift.
- Take responsibility for the management of the shift in the absence of the manager, deputise in the absence of the manager as and when required.
- As part of the management team, under the guidance and facilitation of the Home Manager. Monitor and evaluate clear Child protection procedures within the home, in line with the Protection of Children Act and Company policies. Take responsibility for ensuring all correct procedures are followed while leading the staff team on shift.
- As part of the management team, under the guidance and facilitation of the Home Manager Instruct & guide staff, through clearly laid out procedures to exercise responsible control over the children and young people in order to ensure their health & safety and to facilitate the children's sense of responsibility and morals.
- Attend court and give evidence when appropriate, and if needed support and direct staff in preparing a child for interviews or court appearances, as directed by the Home Manager.
- When leading the staff team on a shift take responsibility for ensuring that all correct procedures are carried out in caring for children and young people when they are ill, including the administration of medicines treatment etc. under the guidance of the child's doctor, and within the company's policy and legal requirements.
- As part of the management team, under the guidance and facilitation of the Home Manager facilitate the children's leisure activities, through the staff team. This will include organising and going away on holidays /trips with the children.
- Take an active part in the Management team, contributing to Management planning meetings and feeding back relevant developments and occurrences to the Home Manager in order to aid the smooth running of the home.
- To support the Home Manager in carrying through plans and decisions made by the directors and Management team.
- Manage own time effectively, ensuring appropriate delegation of tasks other support staff.
The Deputy Home Manager should have knowledge of:
- Knowledge of Management theories
- Management Qualifications
- Management training & experience
- Training in supportive skills (i.e. counselling)
- Knowledge of Equal opportunities & diversity models
- Up to date knowledge of Childcare & Child Protection Laws
- Child related/Social care qualifications
The Deputy Home Manager should have experience of:
- Experience in operational & strategic management skills of children, staff & service Resources
- Experience of working with abused children in a residential setting
- Experience of facilitating, organising and directing & developing teams
- Experience of using childcare Standards & best practise model to guide decision making
- Awareness of group dynamics in residential settings
My client is offering a salary of up to £30k per annum. The position is a 40 hours contract, based on a rolling rota (includes on call duties)
For any more questions please contact