A small therapeutic residential children`s home is recruiting for a Deputy Manager for their 4 bed Residential Care Home in Gloucester.
You will be supporting children & young people between the ages of 8 to 18 year olds who may be psychologically distressed by abuse, learning disability, delayed development, Reactive Attachment Disorder, Anxiety, OCD, ADHD, Tourettes, ODD, PTSD, Asperges and will have some form of challenging behaviour.
Main Job Role:
- Work individually and as part of a team to support young people in their day to day lives
- Be a positive role model and encourage them to develop meaningful healthy relationships and attachments. Develop anti-oppressive partnerships with individuals and their families to empower them to make choices about the tailor-made packages of care they require
- Day to day operation of the home are carried out in accordance with policies and procedures and instructions, and within Registration and Inspections requirements; clear and consistent structures and scaffolding are in place to create safety for children and young people, work alongside therapists to enable effective integration of care and therapy
- Previous supervisory experience for 2 years in the last 5 years with children connected to residential setting
- Hold a UK driving license with your own car
- Must have a Diploma / NVQ / QCF level 3 in Children & Young People`s Workforce
Contract / Terms:
- Salary including sleeps is £26,317 per annum
- 40 hours a week and you will do 2 sleep-ins per week
- Shifts can vary from 3pm - 10pm, Late sleep ins, early or long days 10am - 10am.
Benefits (pro rota):
- Full training & induction with a development package
- Overtime is paid at time and half
- Company Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday
If you have the right skills or experience for this role; then please apply today!