A new opportunity has become available with one of our Clients that works for the Government. The Digital Support Analyst will be paid with £15.53 an hour, and this will be a temporary assignment for approximately 7 months, until the end of July; Monday - Friday; 08:00-16:00 (approximately), office based (London, Great Minister House).
Our Client needs a Digital Support Analyst that will be reporting to the Digital Support Manager. The post holder will work as part of a team of 2nd line digital support, providing technical IT support to around 4,000 users. Work tasks are listed below, but the role will provide a mix of support for staff working in the office and remotely for staff working from home or other office locations.
The successful candidate
They need an experienced 2nd line IT support worker, a motivated, dynamic self-starter with a good, general knowledge of IT including experience of supporting laptops and smart-phones, knowledge of basic network printer support and familiarity with videoconferencing / audio-visual equipment. Must have a strong commitment to customer service. Training and induction will be provided so an aptitude for technical knowledge is vital.
- End User Devices: Diagnostic support and maintenance of a range of end user devices including Windows 10 laptops and iOS and Android smart-phones.
- Software and Applications: 2nd line support and advice across a range of corporate apps, particularly Office 365 (especially Outlook) and MS Teams in a Windows 10 environment.
- Onsite Support: Office based support: desk-side support (including cabling issues and issues with peripheral equipment), liaising with externally managed service suppliers to help staff with printing and audio-visual equipment.
- Remote Support: In between office-based tasks, providing general remote support for staff working from home, other DFT sites or stakeholder sites. Including troubleshooting remote access connectivity (wireless and mobile broadband).
- Participating in customer service / engagement initiatives as required, attending support team meetings, and working alongside onsite/and or remote based support colleagues at 1st and 2nd line, contributing to team exercises, service improvement and knowledge development.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least one year experience of Digital Support, customer facing and remote based support. Including experience of working in an open plan office environment.
- Experience of configuring and supporting laptops and smart-phones
- Support knowledge of and confidence with working with multifunctional printers and audio-visual (video conferencing), though induction will be given.
- Good knowledge of the Office 365 suite (Outlook in particular) and MS Teams in a Windows 10 environment and a good understanding of SharePoint.
- Experience of basic incident management and working with a basic ITSM tool (such as Ivanti or other similar incident management software)
- Experience of working with VIP customers (the role will have proximity to Ministers and Ministerial working areas) and providing high levels of customer care.
- Experience of working in a public sector (primarily central Government environment)
- Experience of working in in the public sector, preferably a central Government environment
Please note, all applicants if successful will need to undergo a full pre-employment check, including a DBS check and we will need to obtain 3 years` worth of referencing.