Equality, Diversity and inclusion engagement officer
We are delighted to be working alongside a wonderful organisation in Cardiff, who work hard to eradicate violence against women and girls and to support survivors.
This is a full time role working Monday - Friday 9am - 4.30pm, with occasional evenings and weekends.
The role is a fixed term contract until 30th April 2023.
We are looking for a dynamic communicator and organised individual who is passionate about diversity and inclusion and wants to drive change and improve the service to suit all who need.
As an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Engagement Officer, you will work closely with both staff, communities and specialised organisations to improve equality and inclusion both internally and externally.
You will identify, engage and work with survivors, individuals, groups, communities and neighbourhoods which are currently marginalised and are not accessing the services.
You will use existing feedback, research, gap analyses and own research to scope new partnerships and networks with specialist groups and organisations, and bring in external expertise to inform and improve the service.
You will also work with HR and Senior Management to develop and deliver an action plan including training, policy and procedure review, and activities for internal improvements in line with equality legislation and good practice.
The skills and experience that we are looking for;
- Experience of working with vulnerable people
- Experience of developing and delivering projects.
- Able to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people and audiences at different levels of understanding and ability.
- Able to work successfully on your own initiative and as part of a number of teams and partnerships.
- An ability to maintain records and produce clear written and oral reports.
What you'll get in return;
- Generous Annual Leave Package Totalling 33 Days (Inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Program - that Supports your Health and Wellbeing at Home and at Work
- Flexi Working
- Paid Company Sick Pay & Emergency Dependent Leave
- Living Wage Employer
- Bike to work scheme, among other benefits.