Facilities Technician (Lates)
£24,780 per annum
Join an Innovative company experiencing massive business growth!
This is a new opportunity for a Facilities Assistant with previous experience in a maintenance or cleaning role who are looking for a new role based very close to Southampton.
Specialising in manufacturing for scientific, analytical and metrology industries this business are looking for a resourceful candidate who is able to do basic maintenance and undertake general facilities maintenance and housekeeping duties to support daily site operations on their late shift (3.30pm to 11.30pm, Monday to Friday).
If you have a background in facilities, maintenance and cleaning then we want to hear from you!
About the Role
Working as a Facilities Technician, key responsibilities will include:
- Opening & locking of the building/site at start & end of shift (Key holder) and checking the security of the building
- Maintaining overall site cleanliness and general cleaning of all areas including production areas, kitchen, reception, office areas, toilets, meeting rooms and staff canteens
- Changing of sticky mats for production clean areas
- Maintenance and replacement of PPE and consumables including sticky mats in production areas, hazardous waste bins, wipes & hand sanitizer etc.
- Ensure effective waste management in accordance with site recycling requirements, ensuring paper and cardboard are recycled
- Basic maintenance and cleaning of equipment as required e.g lubricating paper shredders (training provided)
- Stripping and re-polishing floors using polishing machine
- Facilitate contractors on site as a point of contact
- Support site staff in safe movement of goods to storage areas as required (training provided)
- Minor building repairs and maintenance work as required (e.g. general DIY tasks, decorative repairs, fixings and assembling furniture)
- Liaison with external parties, e.g. window cleaners, contractors
Hours will be Monday to Friday 3.30pm to 11.30pm.
Apply now to have a chat about this great opportunity with a leading employer.
What is in it for you?
In return for your hard work, you will be given:
- Basic salary circa £24,780 per annum, depending on experience and shift.
- Pension plan
- Health insurance
- Well-being activities
- Company events and perks
- Employee referral incentive
- Peer-to-peer recognition scheme and long-term service awards
What we need from you:
- Flexiblility and Resourcefulness
- Previous experience in a maintenance, facilities technician or factory cleaning role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Disciplined approach to working and high quality standards
- Ability to undertake basic maintenance tasks
- Willingness to continuously develop and to be trained on basic equipment, first aid and fire marshall qualifications (or already qualified)
- Flexible in terms of changing work procedures, varying tasks and requirements
Want to hear more? Apply Now!
If you like the look of this Facilities Assistant opportunity to work for an employer who cares about your success, future-proofing your career with leading training, please get in touch today by clicking apply.