An Independent charitable organization that is based in Coventry and Leicester is looking to expand their close-knit team. This client has a vision for all women and children to live in a society free from violence, oppression and abuse.
They are looking for call handlers to work a variety of shifts. As a call handler you will be expected to;
- Call handlers shall support callers in identifying all the options available to them.
- Call Handlers must not tell victims and survivors what they "should do", but inspire victims and survivors to make empowered decisions for themselves.
- Call handlers shall provide support to all service users in a professional manner with calmness, sensitivity, empathy and through non-judgement.
The ideal candidate should have the following key skills and experience;
- Strong communication skills and be able to speak and communicate either in any Asian language such as Bengali, Gujerati, Urdu, Punjabi, Mirpuri OR any African language such as Swahili, Amharic or Yoruba OR any eastern European language such as Russian, Polish or Bulgarian.
You won't be required to speak all these languages, knowledge and communication of one or more Is ideal.
- Experience working with Black and Minority groups.
- Experience of working with vulnerable people
- Experience of working within a multi-agency and legislative framework.
- Have a good understanding of domestic abuse, sexual violence, trafficking, forced marriages and FGM
- Evidence of training related to helpline and support work
- Ability to record monitoring data & provide effective emotional / listening support
- A non-judgemental & empathetic approach
This organisation is looking for people that are flexible that can work a variety of shifts. You will be based at the service in the call centre which offers private and confidential space for you to conduct your role to the fullest. You will also be paid an hourly rate of £10.26.
For more information then please contact Carina in our Birmingham Care office on 0121 480 8217 or click apply today!