Group And Peer Support Facilitator
An exciting job opportunity has arisen for someone who is dynamic, inquisitive, has a passion for rights, diversity and inclusion and wants to fight alongside those who may not have a voice.
You will be working for a very meaningful women's equality organisation which exists to eradicate violence against women and girls and to support survivors.
This is a full time role working 35 hours, flexibly between 9am-7pm Monday-Friday, with occasional weekends.
*This post is a 3 year fixed term contract*
The purpose of this role is to develop and facilitate of a range of group work and peer support programmes to address, raise awareness of, and support survivors of violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence (VAWDASV).
We are looking for a great communicator and organised individual who can take the initiative and drive the person-centred development of our group work projects.
The successful candidate will be passionate about the organisation's mission, which includes supporting victims of all forms of abuse, and ending violence against women. They will have experience in facilitating support groups, have an understanding of the principles of peer support and be capable of supporting clients through their journey to recovery.
Main duties of the role will include; (but not limited to)
- Carry out regular monitoring and evaluations of the groups and assist with the development and diversification of groups to account for demographics and need, e.g., for older women, women with substance misuse, specialist groups for BAME women, sexual violence, etc.
- Carry out assessments for service users before beginning group work to establish need and requirements, signposting to other services when required.
- Provide emotional support and support the empowerment of the client and assist them in recognising the features and dynamics of domestic abuse present in their situation and help them regain control of their lives.
- Attend any necessary technical training to ensure up to date knowledge in all areas of VAWDASV services and legislation.
- Work with colleagues to recruit, induct and train volunteers to support group work projects, and support survivors to become peer leaders and to develop their group facilitation skills.
The ideal candidate will have;
- Experience of working with vulnerable people
- Experience of developing and delivering projects
- Experience of recording and monitoring programmes, training, interventions, and support and using the information to produce high quality reports.
- Experience of working with volunteers, community members and people accessing services to achieve objectives.
- Have strong crisis management skills and the ability to deal with stressful and difficult situations.
- The ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity.
What you'll get in return;
- Generous Annual Leave Package Totalling 33 Days (Inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Program - That Supports Your Health and Wellbeing at Home and at Work
- Flexi Working
- Paid Company Sick Pay & Emergency Dependent Leave
- Living Wage Employer
- Bike to work scheme, among other benefits.
Please apply today to be considered for this role!