BS Social Care are recruiting for a new and exciting opportunity based in Bradford City Centre, for a talented individual seeking temporary work.
You will be responsible for the development, leadership and management of services to provide support, advice and guidance for both Students and Staff. This role is varied and no two days will be the same, you will be responsible for various roles such as Lead Disability Adviser, Lead Counsellor, Study Coach and Quality Assurance Officer and finally Disability Finance Officer.
The ideal candidate be able to provide 2 years worth of references, have a DBS on the update service and be able to provide eligibility to work in the UK.
This is a 5 month temp role until August. As the ideal candidate you will be able to commit to the role and be immediately available.
In order to be considered for this role, it is essential you meet the following requirements:
- Postgraduate qualification
- Membership of an appropriate professional body
- Relevant professional qualifications related to either Disability, Mental Health, or Counselling/Psychotherapy and Supervision (or accredited as a Supervisor) and/or BACP, UKPC or equivalent professional accreditation OR another relevant postgraduate or equivalent qualification.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of leading a professional student-facing service within a Higher Education environment, in the area of disability or counselling provision, including the management of complex and challenging cases and the management of clinical risk.
- Extensive experience of delivering advice, information, support and guidance to students, and managing complex casework.
- Extensive experience of advising senior and academic staff on the provision of support for both individual students and the collective student body.
- Experience of leading and managing staff
- Experience of managing budgets
- Detailed knowledge of national practice in counselling and/or disability services.
- Detailed understanding of the principles of inclusion and equality across all of the protected characteristics as set out in the Equality Act 2010 and an awareness of access barriers facing people with a protected characteristics, primarily in Higher Education.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate a team
- Outstanding customer focus and high standards
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to relate well to a wide range of people
- Personal integrity and resilience
- Commitment to confidentiality and maintaining professional boundaries
- A track record of achievement in senior roles
- Commitment to delivering an excellent student experience
- Understanding of the clients commitment to Equality and Diversity
- Committed to continuing personal/professional development
You may be required to work at evenings and weekends in support of key events on the student journey.
What we can offer:
- Weekly pay at £27.39 per hour
- Holiday Pay
- Shift Flexibility
- Free online training provided which covers all sections within the nationally recognised Care Certificate
- Pension Scheme
- Temp of the Month
- Refer a friend scheme
If you are interested in this role, please apply by submitting your CV or alternatively call Maria Lawther on 01274 393050. Interviews will be held at our Bradford City Centre Office and will be communicated after a successful telephone screening.