We are currently partnered with a small, well established construction company, supporting them in their search for a Head of Finance/Finance Manager to join their fast paced and dynamic team based in Windsor. This commercial position is a key role in finance but also the wider business. As Head of Finance, your responsibilities will include overseeing end-to-end finance operations, financial planning and analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
Salary is paying £35k - £50k Depending on experience, plus benefits.
The ideal candidate will be a confident self-starter who can take ownership and make improvements to procedures and controls and undertake ad-hoc projects and requests as and when they come up.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for the general ledger, revenue & receivables to payables cycles
- Drive the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices
- Prepare and post monthly accruals, prepayments and similar accounting entries
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Leading the analysis of monthly and quarterly numbers and presenting findings to the Board
- Managing an end-to-end audit process of current systems - while acting as the first point of contact for external auditors
- Continually identify risks to delivery, propose solutions where necessary and effectively manage stakeholder expectations throughout
- Dealing with working capital management and production of cash flow forecasts
- Leading the team responsible for payroll, VAT and HMRC processes
Essential skills and expertise held by the ideal candidate:
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Excel and modelling
- Management Accounts
- Statutory accounts
- Ability to delegate and manage the work of others
- Experience of AP, AR and Cashbook
- Fully qualified accountant ACCA
- Produced budgets
- Experience running annual audit
- Xero experience essential
- Stock Management
If you fit the above requirements and are looking for the next step in your Finance career, please apply now and we will be in touch to discuss your application further.