My client is currently seeking to expand its Street Works Team by recruiting Health & Safety Advisor to to help drive its 'zero harm' vision the company is currently seeking to expand its Health & Safety Team.
The successful candidates will report to the Health & Safety Manager and be responsible for:
- Undertake and record Health & Safety audits across all stages of network installation
- Promote and oversee corrective action on recorded H&S shortfalls
- Promote zero harm across all business areas
- Give Health & Safety legislation / Management System guidance to operations staff
- Deliver minor Health & Safety related training packages
- Research, design and deliver H&S related documentation & Tool Box Talks
- Support accident and incident investigations when required
- Attend internal, client, and Local Authority meetings to build sound and sustainable relationships
- Influence and promote consistent H&S improvement, quality, and performance
- Support H&S Manager
Successful candidates will be conversant with the varied H&S aspects of fibre installation in both underground and overhead network builds. Successful candidates will have team and team influencing skills, be confident and comfortable working in partnerships and possess civils installation H&S knowledge and experience. A keen eye for quality and specification and experience in Sign, Lighting, and Guarding, the SROH, and the Local Authority processes is also desirable.
Strong IT literacy, good knowledge of Microsoft packages, confident in writing, reporting and presenting audit and other data at all levels is a minimum requirement for this role as is a methodical, positive can-do team working attitude to positively influence others.
The successful applicant requires: -
- A Full UK Driving Licence (essential)
- Previous utility industry H&S knowledge and experience (not necessarily telecoms)
- Good communication and I.T. skills with a professional attitude
- NEBOSH certified (or working towards would be an advantage, however training may be provided for the right applicant)
- Experience of UG and OH networks an advantage
- Experience in network installation specifications an advantage
- Experience of Civil installations an advantage
If you are interested in this role, please contact Vanessa at 0748 393 1811 or apply now