********Are you a SUPPORT WORKER with MIGRANT and REFUGEE experience within a Homeless setting?????????********
We are recruiting for a Charity client of hours based in East London who specialises in refugee and migrant projects.
Our client supports people who have migrated to the UK through a whole range of routes and reasons, where their immigration status is either unclear, undocumented or not yet finalised. Often the individuals and families we support are homeless or in unsuitable accommodation, have serious health issues and may be suffering from the trauma of being trafficked or sexually abused or exploited
If you are a passionate individual who is seeking to help the under privileged in society and looking to help individual make a positive change in their lives, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
For you to work in this role you will need to have the following experience:
1. Working in a refugee/homeless/migrant settings
2. Experience of handling caseloads for vulnerable clients.
3. The ability to work with multi disciplinary agencies
4. Teaching and prompting with basic living skills
5. Advocating on behalf of clients helping processing housing and benefit claims/applications.
* You will be paid a minimum of £11.00 per hour.
* Minimum of 28 days holidays including bank holiday
*Annual refresher training provided on a yearly basis.
* Flexible work patterns
* Pension contribution
You will be required to fill out an application form with us and provide all mandatory working rights documentation and experience.
You will need a full enhanced DBS check done on your behalf provided you do not have an existing one on the update service.
If this is the perfect role for you then please get in touch with Michael Anderson on 0208 5197220 or expressing your interest.