** Bedford, Bedfordshire **
** Permanent and full time **
** £22,000 **
** Shifts can vary; 8am - 4pm / 9am - 5pm / 1.30am - 9am **
** To work 1 in every 4 weeks **
** Working with homeless adults **
BS Social Care are currently recruiting for a Housing Manager Support Worker based within the Bedford area of Bedfordshire for a full time and permanent role. The role will include working with the homeless within the Bedfordshire area assisting them in what they need.
About the employer; they offer supported accommodation, a mobile night shelter during cold weather and support homeless adults with their mental health and in achieving their work and educational goals. This employer is there to help the people that need help, to shelter the people that need sheltering and to support people when they are at their lowest. As an organisation, they cover 4 counties.
About the job; your role will be to ensure the efficient and effective management of the supported housing stock. To liaise on a regularly basis and to ensure staff work consistently and to a high standard in the delivery of services. To ensure the delivery of the housing accommodation service within the high standard requirement of the company. You will also;
- Be responsible for the new residents` application process, for managing referrals and ensuring accurate records are maintained by all staff within the project.
- Ensure that the supported accommodation is meeting the objectives and performance criteria of the company.
- Be responsible for the resolving of problems and discrepancies with residents on housing benefit and other social benefits.
- Work evenings and weekends on a rota basis and carry pager and respond to emergency call-outs. You may be required to do a sleep over in emergencies.
- Take lone working calls on a rota basis from staff members when on duty and on a shift rota at weekends.
- Ensure that written reports are completed and returned within agreed deadlines.
- Deal with any complaints, appeals etc.
About the ideal candidate; for this role, it is essential that you drive and have access to your own car due to the company being multi sited, you will also hold a NVQ in Health and Social Care or be working towards/hold equivalent, hold 2 years` experience in a Support Worker role, hold experience of motivating and building an effective team of staff and hold experience of working within boundaries appreciating the importance of confidentiality.
For this permanent and full time role, we will be offering £18,632 alongside benefits which will be discussed during interview. We are also able to move quickly on with start dates if this suits you well.
To apply for this role or for more information, please call Zoe on 01604 448408 or email your CV .