HR Assistant - Food Standard Agency (FSA)
Brook street have an exciting long term, temporary role to join our client, Food Standard Agency! Do you want to work in HR or support in projects? do you want to develop your admin and customer service skills?
if the answer is Yes, here is the perfect role for you!
Contract - 14 Months
Pay rate- £12.72ph
Hours- 37 hours, Monday - Friday (9-5)
Working options- Remote working available or office based option in FSA offices in UK
The Food Standard Agency is a non-ministerial department of over 1300 people. Having left the EU, they play a critical role in protecting public health and consumer's wider interests in food across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Duties will include:
- Deliver a quality and professional service to all customers including POC colleagues;
- Provide first line HR advice to employees and line managers on FSA HR policies and procedures, providing the correct signposting and escalating where appropriate;
- Resolve day to day customer enquiries, issues and complaints, escalating as appropriate;
- Administer end to end employee life cycle transactional processes, including joiners, movers, leavers and pay changes for all employees;
- Administer changes to individual?s terms and conditions of employment;
- Ensure the prompt and accurate processing of leavers;
- Maintenance of desk instructions, guidance and HR forms;
- Ensure that all employee data is entered into i-Trent in a timely, accurate and consistent manner, to agreed standards and targets;
- Create and maintain documents, records and data to agreed procedures and standards, including the maintenance of electronic HR files;
- Ensure a high level of confidentiality is maintained in all aspects of work
- Provide Administrative support as and when required across People and Organisational Change;
- Provide compensation calculations at the request of the HRBP team;
- Appropriate project work including support to the delivery of the new HR and Payroll system;
- To support the team and POC colleagues in the continuous improvement of HR systems and policies.
Skills and experience Required:
- Excellent administration skills including data entry and records management
- Experience of working in HR with demonstrable customer relationship and customer service skills
- Experience of communicating verbally and in writing effectively with colleagues and customers at all levels
- Managing work to deadlines whilst balancing competing demands and priorities
- Experience of using a HR people data management system such as but not limited to i-Trent, Oracle, Workday
- Excellent customer service experience
About Brook Street:
We recruit on behalf of some of the country's best-known organisations across all industry sectors, as well as being a preferred and sole supplier for various Government departments. We are located across 50+ high street locations, making hiring and job searching more personal. Our nationwide reach means we can engage with job seekers and employers in person, allowing us to tailor our approach to their unique requirements perfectly.
For further details on any of our vacancies, please contact your local Brook Street branch. Details can be found on our website.
If this sounds the the role for you, Apply now!