Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA/IPA)
£23,500 - £25,000
We are working with a wonderful oragnisation who are currently recruiting for a Domestic Abuse Advisor who will be based in Multi-agency-Safeguarding-Hub.
This is a full time position working 35 hours a week working flexibly between 9am-7pm Monday to Friday. However, weekend work may be required.
Within this role you will be advocating for high risk victims with agencies who can help to address the domestic abuse by:
- Understanding the role of all relevant statutory and non-statutory services available to domestic abuse victims and how your role fits into them.
- Working directly with all key agency partners to address the safety of high risk victims and ensuring that their safety plans are coordinated through the MASH and MARAC.
- Understand multi-agency partnership structures and work within a multi agency setting which will include participation at the MARAC. You will contribute interventions and help design a plan to protect survivors and any children, while maintaining an independent role on behalf of your client, keeping their safety and needs central to any response.
- Help maintain accurate and confidential case management records and databases and contribute to monitoring information for the service.
- Work jointly with the police and other agencies to complete home/community visits and Clare's law disclosures.
The skills and experience we are looking for;
- Working with vulnerable people, including families and/ or children.
- Understand child protection issues, how to respond to effectively safeguard, and the legal responsibilities surrounding these issues.
- Hold a Safe Lives IDVA training certificate, or a relevant degree, or demonstrable equivalent experience or a vocational qualification.
- Have strong crisis management skills and the ability to deal with stressful and difficult situations.
- Show initiative and be proactive when interacting with clients and agencies you're working with.
What you will get in return;
- Generous Annual Leave Package Totalling 33 Days (Inclusive of Bank Holidays) ? Pension
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Program - That Supports Your Health and Wellbeing at Home and at Work
- Flexi Working
- Paid Company Sick Pay & Emergency Dependent Leave
- Living Wage Employer
- Bike to work scheme, among other benefits.
If you are looking for a real opportunity to make a difference and have a rewarding career, then please apply today!