An independent charitable organisation that is based in Wolverhampton, is looking to expand their close knit team. This client has a vision for all women and children to live in a society free from violence, oppression and abuse.
If you have had experience working with vulnerable people and children and have experience in working with multi - agency and legislative framework then a role as an Independent Domestic Violence Advisor may be your next career move.
The ideal candidate should have the following key skills and experience;
* Experience of working with vulnerable people
* Experience of managing a opportunities.
* Experience of working within a multi-agency and legislative framework.
* Have a good understanding of domestic abuse and risk assessment, including the impact of domestic abuse on victims and their children.
Your day to day duties and scope of the job will consist of;
* To provide specialist IDVA to assist service users: up to 4 months.
* Identify and assess the risks and needs of domestic abuse victims using an evidence-based risk identification checklist.
* Focus on and prioritise high risk cases and provide a pro-active, short to medium term crisis intervention service through individual safety planning and personal support.
* Work with high risk victims of domestic abuse to help them access services to keep them and their children safe.
For your hard work and dedication you can expect a generous salary of £23,000, pension and holiday benefits. As well as career opportunities and the chance for a perm post.
If this roles like the type of role that you would excel in then please apply today or call Carina in our Birmingham Care office for more information on 0121 480 8217