Intensive Housing Management Officer - Team Supervisor - Birmingham
Salary - £25,380 + mileage - Monday to Friday - Full-time, 37.5 hours
We are in partnership and collaborating with a fantastic client who are a registered care and support charity, who specialise in delivering homes, services, and innovation for the most disadvantaged communities in the Midlands and providing support to vulnerable adults. They provide the very best service, and they would love your help to continue that process.
Overview of the role
The client is looking for a full-time Intensive Housing Manager Officer - Team Supervisor, based in Birmingham. To manage and lead a team of 6 Intensive Housing Management Officers (IHMO) across 326 units of Supported Housing Services and accommodation as they provide a customer focused, intensive housing service and deliver day-to-day housing management functions.
Key Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to;
- Providing leadership for the IHMO team, conducting audits to ensure roles and responsibilities relating to health and safety, tenancy sustainment, and all aspects of tenancies are carried out to a high standard.
- Monitoring and meeting relevant health and safety standards in properties. Ensuring that health and safety risk assessments are in place and monitoring checks are being completed. Always ensuring the health and well-being of all staff and all service users and that they are in line with the organisations safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Lead the recovery of arrears across all tenures of rent, service charges and other debt including former tenant arrears and sundry debts, in line with the client's policies and procedures, taking prompt action where required to ensure that arrears are kept in line with agreed targets.
- Ensuring the Voids Standard and Lettable Standards policy and procedure is followed, monitoring property inspections, and contributing to case reviews at void meetings. Monitoring both the delivery of void works, reactive repairs and planned maintenance across schemes and properties, ensuring organisational standards are met.
Required Skills, Experience, & Knowledge
- A current working knowledge of housing legislation and a demonstratable knowledge of housing and welfare benefits. Knowledge of legal processes in relation to serving notices, anti-social behaviour, and arrears recovery
- At least 1 year's experience of managing housing services, and leading or managing a team.
- Experience of working with a wide range of vulnerable service users, and working and liaising with internal and external agencies.
- Computer literate, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and housing management systems.
For your hard work and commitment, you will be paid a salary of £25,380, and a very desirable employee package, that includes birthday leave, new house move leave, 34 days annual leave with the choice to buy or swap extra days, and so many other things!
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV. If successful you will be required to apply for a DBS, you must show eligibility of right to work, and your start date will be subject to sufficient references.
If you want to help make a difference to service users and also your career, click apply now, or call Samuel on 01214808217 for more information.