Job Title - IT Support Technician
Location - Cambridge
Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit an IT Support Technician
This is a contract role based in Cambridge for 18 months.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Salary: £28,300 plus 5% end of contract bonus depending on experience
Microsoft has always been a world leader in technological innovation, building some of the most important products in both the software and hardware industry. Now, we are continuing that tradition as our world shifts to one in which more and more everyday devices are being connected to the Internet.
At Microsoft, research plays a crucial role in driving those breakthroughs. Our researchers, scientists, and engineers have influenced virtually every Microsoft product we have released in the past three decades, including Cortana, Azure ML, Office, Xbox, HoloLens, Skype, and Windows.
We believe in the value of research, for our own work and for the world we live in.
* Provide first line technical support to onsite staff and visitors for the Windows OS environment, Office 365, Teams, mobile devices and Azure, escalating when needed to other members of the local IT team or Microsoft global support teams.
* PC hardware and software configuration and diagnostics.
* Troubleshooting of basic networking issues.
* Hardware asset and loan management.
* Disposal of hardware ensuring all data protection and privacy practices are followed.
* Collaborate with researchers and other members of the IT team to identify and ready systems for events and research projects.
* Orientation of new employees on technical services available.
* Perform regular testing of all meeting room facilities including audio visual systems such as projectors/LCD Screens and video conferencing systems.
* Provide technical assistance to visitors connecting to our wireless guest network or using our meeting facilities.
* Proven corporate IT experience of supporting local and remote workers.
* A strong knowledge of current PC hardware.
* An excellent working knowledge of Windows 10 and Office 365 including Outlook and Teams.
* Experience with supporting networked workgroup printers.
* Demonstrated ability to getting the job done. A committed team player prepared to do that bit more to delight the customer or make others successful.
* Experience of Azure cloud services.
* Experience using and supporting non-Microsoft Operating systems specifically Linux, Apple OSX/iOS and Android.
* Experience of TCP/IP networks.
* Knowledge of Audio Visual equipment and video production would also be an advantage
Deadline for CV submission: Thursday 30th January at 2.00pm