Full Time - Team Leader/Support Co-ordinator
Bristol - £13.00 p/h + holiday pay + benefits
Are you looking for full time? Weekly pay? Rewarding work? Team Leader Role?
Here at BS Social Care, we're looking for a reliable and experienced Team leader to join our Agency due to a Vacancy opening at one of our Adult learning disability services in Bristol. With over 25 years' experience, we have become one of the UK's most trusted names in social care recruitment. We have built solid partnerships through our commitment to provide the best service to people caring for the most vulnerable people in society. The service has a fun environment including leisurely activities with service users (nights out, trips, etc...) where you can be easy going and have fun as long as you know when to be responsible and work focused.
Within your role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that each support team read and fully understand the person's Support Plan, their Plan and Working Policy in place and ensure the support provided reflects the person's wishes.
- Ensuring that each person is empowered at every reasonable opportunity to make decisions and take control over their life and support, unless this is clearly detrimental to them.
- Lead in all things you do with and for each person for example, i.e. respecting their home and ensuring that it is not turned into a place of work.
- Challenging yourself on how you work as a manager and ensuring it reflects the values and respect you hold for people receiving support.
- Assisting the Operations Manager and to create where necessary, individual policies around a person's needs and their team.
- Ensuring that each person is able to move their life forward looking for real community connections, friends, hobbies, interests, work and being creative and challenging about the paid support provided.
Be creative in involving people in meetings, which assist the person to remain at the centre of the meeting.
Ensure all New Key policies and procedures are followed.
To be involved in management networks within the organisation including influencing and contributing to the development of necessary policies and procedures required by law, contractual obligations, and safety and organisational needs.
Taking a lead responsibility for ensuring that people's physical and mental wellbeing is considered and prioritised, taking appropriate action when necessary.
It is the responsibility of all staff to ensure any concerns regarding a person receiving support is brought to the attention of a senior person within the organisation, the Operations Manager or Directors, i.e. concerns regarding an individual's support, care or welfare, finances or vulnerability. Any person raising concerns around these issues will be fully supported by the organisation and will receive any assistance that they require to enable them to come forward on behalf of a person.
Provide direct support which meets each person's plan, Support Plan and Individual Working Policy.
Involvement in the implementation of the disciplinary procedure as required.
You are required to take oncall a minimum of 1 week in every 4.
When oncall must answer the telephone. You will have responsibility for using the on call folder. It is your responsibility to make arrangements with the next person oncall to hand over the folder and ensure that the phone is changed over by the office. When oncall you are responsible for rearranging rota's. When oncall you must be available to cover shifts. This means you must be able to get to a service within half an hour and be fit to work e.g. not having consumed alcohol.
Benefits of working with us:
" Weekly pay
" Paid PAYE (We do not use umbrella companies - meaning you accrue holiday pay and no hidden fees)
" 24/7 contact with BS Social Care
" Pension scheme entitlement
" Double pay on Bank Holidays
" Separate holiday pay
" Flexible hours/days to fit around your commitments
" Working with dedicated consultants
" Temp to Perm and contract opportunities
" Contract Opportunities
" Access to specialist support through our Mental Health Advisors
" Training and refresher courses coming soon!
To be considered for this role, you will need:
"To provide 24 hour support this includes, unsocial hours, weekends, Bank Holidays & sleep-ins."
" N.V.Q., Level III/HSC Diploma and/or Management qualification (or be willing to work toward)"
" 6 months paid, hands-on Team Leader experience or recently undertaken training
" To be approachable, friendly, proactive and engage with the services users
" Great communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
" Desirable: DBS on the update service
Apply today with your CV or call Max on 0117 457 1782 for any questions, for more information about the role, or to register with us.