Are you an experienced Support Worker with previous experience working in the LGBT community?
Looking for a new and exciting role?
Please carry on reading if these apply to you!
BS Social Care are seeking to appoint Outreach Workers experienced in LGBT and Adults in West Yorkshire. The locations include Bradford, Leeds, Huddersfield, Halifax, Wakefield and Sheffield areas. This is a temporary role with varied hours between 15 - 37.5 hours per week.
- To decrease social isolation experienced by LGBT + Adults.
- To involve LGBT + Adults at every level of the services provided.
- To develop and support older peoples groups in Yorkshire.
- To increase social opportunities for socially isolated LGBT + Adults (groups/events)
- To support groups to become self-sufficient and self-governing
- To recruit, train and support project volunteers, including LGBT + Adults to roles including Community Speakers, Group Facilitator and Buddy.
- To undertake outreach work, to reach LGBT + Adults community groups, areas & events where they meet.
- To develop forums, groups and events that meed the needs of LGBT + Adults.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- To assess needs in relation to social isolation experienced by LGBT + Adults.
- Attend meetings, providing reports, as appropriate and associated working groups.
- To develop ways of working around perceived, felt and expressed methods of older LGBT + Adults.
- To represent the project on relevant bodies and committees as identified by the Operations Manager.
- To support volunteers working with the project. Providing supervision, training and support as well as helping develop the volunteer roles that exist and creating new roles when necessary.
The ideal candidate:
- You must have previous experience working within the LGBT community within an outreach capacity
- Ability to provide two employment references, one of which must be your current or most recent employer
- Minimum of 12 months paid experience or 6 months experience with a relevant qualification. For example, Level 3 Health & Social Care.
- An enhanced DBS for Adults and Children on the update service; if you do not currently have a DBS on the update service you will be required to obtain a new one at the cost of £50 through Brook street Disclosures
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Proof of ID (must include one photographic ID)
- Proof of Address
- Full UK Driving License, as this is an outreach role you will often be out in the community
Due to the nature of these shifts we require you to have the ability to work a minimum of one shift per week, as out clients are looking for candidates who are flexible & available on a weekly basis; some clients provide us with ongoing booking of 2-6 months with regular shift patterns.
What we can offer
- The hourly pay rate is a generous £10.89 - £12.23 per hour
- Shift flexibility
- Holiday pay to accrue
- Free online training provided which covers all sections within the nationally recognised care certificate
To be considered for this role please apply today by submitting your up to date CV. If you have any queries please contact Maria Lawther on 01274 393050. You must be able to attend an interview in our Bradford City Centre Office which is open Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 17:30.
Please note - Prior to submitting your CV or applying you must be aware that these are TEMPORARY positions which may be based across various locations in West Yorkshire including Bradford, Leeds, Huddersfield, Halifax, Wakefield and Sheffield.