Are you looking for the next step in your career?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Home Manager to join a charitable organisation with a long history of offering people-centric support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, dementia and mental health needs.
You`ll be looking after 28 service users with learning disability and dementia needs, the care plans you deliver will be highly individualised, specialist and designed to focus on maintaining well-being, independence and dignity. It goes without saying that you`ll be a dedicated care professional, focused on the well-being of the residents, and eager to be hands-on with our residents.
You`ll obviously have a wealth of experience in care and although you`ll be looking after a team of people, you`ll be excited at the prospect of dealing with service users. You`ll also liaise with hospitals and hospices when needed. A large component of your role will be to build relationships with the families of the residents, at times of emotional stress it`s important that you are able to reassure families that their loved ones are receiving the best care they can.
You`ll be responsible for nearly 50 members of care staff, and 40 support staff, so it goes without saying you'll be a good leader! You'll have the ability to communicate effectively and be able to set a great example, the best leaders always do!
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Be committed to creating a warm and compassionate service
- Lead a large and diverse team
- Have a good understanding of CQC requirements
- Be able to manage a budget effectively
- Have excellent organisational skills and react well under pressure
As the perfect candidate you will have:
- Level 5 qualification (or on your way to it)
- Management experience (preferably within a Residential or Learning Disability setting)
- Passion for care and self-development - we`ll give you the tools, you bring the drive!
Salary, hours and benefits:
- 37.5 hours
- Perkbox - get discounts from a wide variety of retailers
- 33 days holiday
If you`re looking for an opportunity to develop and work with a great people-centric service get in touch with Dan on 0117 922 1130, e-mail daniel.armour @ bssocialcare.co.uk or click on Apply Now!