My client is a market leading innovation company who are looking for a Material Technician (Evening/Night Shift 1515 to 2315 Monday to Friday) reporting to Fiber Sub-Assembly Team Leader / Production Supervisor you will be responsible for Manufacture of fibers & to improve operational efficiency
- Stainless Steel Cutting for Fiber Jackets.
- Cleaving (Preparing fibers for build & Polishing)
- Varying angled polish of fibers.
- Work within company procedures for quality, materials control and maintain high levels of workmanship, cleanliness & organization.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by recommending & implementing preventative & corrective measures
- Flexible response to customer requests & changes in delivery times.
- Observe safe methods & working conditions, according to the company health & safety policy.
Who are you:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Happy with Evening or Night Shift
- Experience in manufacturing and/or assembly work
- Be flexible in terms of changing work procedures, varying tasks and completing requested overtime if necessary
- Previous experience of hi-tech assembly of very small components
- Good manual dexterity is desirable
- Good IT skills
The Materials Technician should be a strong team player, working closely with their peers to achieve a common goal. They should be flexible with their working hours and adaptable in the tasks that they do depending on the levels of workload and needs of the business. They should be able to work independently without too much direction and take responsibility for decisions made.
The Materials Technician should have a strong awareness of the organization and endeavour to behave with integrity at all times.
All employees are expected to strive to meet the company values of Excellence, Energy, Contribution, Integrity and Innovation.
Start Date ASAP, working hours will be 1515 to 2315 Monday to Friday
Due to the site rules the successful candidate must be a non-smoker/Vaper
If you are interested in this role, please contact Vanessa at 07483 931 811 or apply now