BS Social Care are looking to recruit a Recovery Worker for our clients service based in York. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who are dedicated to the principles of social inclusion, working with adults with mental health needs. You will be part of a team supporting people who access the crisis drop in service, signposting them to other appropriate services or agencies.
The service operates 365 days a year between the hours of 18:00 - 23:00 and provides information & support around crisis prevention for people who use the services and also for their families and carers.
You will be working as part of a team who will work closely with mental health workers, GP's, Crisis Team, A&E, Police, partners and other agencies.
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 12 months experience, or alternatively 6 months experience with a relevant qualification
- An enhanced DBS for Children & Adults on the update service. If you do not currently have an enhanced DBS you will be required to obtain a new one at a cost of £50 through Brook Street Disclosures
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Proof of ID (Including one photographic)
- Proof of address
- Full UK Driving License
Due to the nature of this role, the ideal candidate will have experience of working with service users affected by mental health issues, particularly in a crisis setting and will have demonstrated skills and abilities to help others identify and overcome barriers.
What we can offer
- Hourly pay of a generous £10.50 per hour
- Holiday pay to accrue
- Shift Flexibility
- Free online training provided, which covers all sections within the nationally recognised care certificate
- Pension for eligible candidates
If you are interested and would like further information, please contact Maria Lawther on 01274 393050 , alternatively please apply directly to the advertisement by submitting your CV.
If you are successful you will have to attend an Interview in either Bradford City Centre or York City Centre, information will be released after your initial telephone screening on dates and locations available for Interview.
Please be aware that this is a temporary position (Bank Work), so please only apply if you are interested in temporary work.