Mental Health Support Worker - £21,294
Dursley - Gloucestershire
Full Time - 39 hours
We are working in partnership with a client based in Durlsey. They provide residential care to those who have dementia and mental health conditions.
The home is a renovated Grade II listed manor set in over 3 acres of wonderful gardens, bringing a calming and relaxing atmosphere. Currently assisting 28 residents the manor has been decorated specifically to stimulate the minds of those who are living with dementia.
We are looking for experienced care staff to form a specialised team to support people living with those living with dementia and mental health conditions. Your main responsibilities will be to support staff with managing behaviours, from a mentoring and coaching aspect, and working on a 1-1 basis with individuals, who can be demanding and time consuming, whilst meeting their individual need.
The home is a small service with a small staff team and the clients are at the centre of the personalised service they receive.
The candidate we are looking for:
- Experience providing care to those with mental health conditions and/or dementia
- Are able to commit to working shifts between 7am and 10pm
- Confident in lone working, and dealing with challenging behaviour
- Hold a Level 3 in Health and Social Care (or equivalent)
- Hold a full driving licence
If you would like to be a part of a wonderful team, please apply today!