Mental Health Support Worker
We are working in partnership with a wonderful client based in Swansea who are currently recruiting support workers!
They provide support to those between the ages of 18 and 64 year of age who have Mental Health issues, substance misuse, self-harm, personality disorder or behaviours which may be perceived as challenging, not excluding those with a history of or identified risk of offending.
This is a full time position, working 40 hours a week consisting of days, nights, waking nights and sleep in's.
Duties of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that the care and support services are provided to the highest standards in line with contracts, person centred support plans, best practice and having regard to legislation and regulation.
- Offer individuals support in day to day activities to achieve their maximum potential and to live as independently as possible.
- To provide the highest quality of care and support to all service users ensuring that they are supported in achieving their aims, goals and ambitions
- Assist, support and encourage service users to become integrated members of their local and extended communities, promoting and supporting social and physical presence in community based facilities e.g. educational, occupational, religious, cultural, and social and leisure.
- Free meal in house and whilst out in community
- Full Specialised Training Induction week paid for
- Blue Light Card provided by the company -discounts online and in-store (Dominos, Dunelm, EE, JD, New Look, Odeon, River Island , Go Outdoors, Halfords, and many more )
- Shift patterns can be arranged as per preference depending on the needs of the service
- QCF Health and Social Care Level 3 as a start-up qualification
- Use of Company's Vehicle to access wider community
- Refer a friend scheme £200 T&C apply
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Career progression
- Company Pension
- Free Car Park
- Weekly pay
We are ideally looking for someone who has experience within a similar role however, having the the desire to help and support those who require and be willing to undertake specialist training would also be considered!
You will need to hold a full driving license for this role.
If you are looking for a challenging yet exciting and rewarding role, please apply today!