Merchandiser / Stock Allocator
Manpower are currently recruiting for a Merchandiser / Stock Allocator on behalf of a client of ours based in Tottenham. This is a full-time permanent position.
Our client is a manufacturer of luxury women's shoes which are handcrafted using traditional skills passed down through generations. It is a family owned business and their products are sold across hundreds of boutiques and luxury department stores worldwide!
This client is currently looking for a Merchandiser / Stock Allocator to join their team as soon as possible. In this role, you'll be working closely with their accountant.
In this role, you'll be working closely with the directors, designer and other head office staff to:
- Plan product ranges
- Manage budgets
- Predict sales and profits
- Setting stock promotions/price reductions as appropriate
- Manage levels and distribution of stock (Styles, Colours, Sizes etc)
- Ensure quantities are enough for the stores to make their budgets but also to minimise markdown stock at the end of the season
You'll also work with Production to:
- Plan quantities and delivery time-scales
- Plan and implement re-orders and stock top-ups
- Handle supply/production problems as they arise
- Process Special Orders and requests
Your day to day duties will also include:
- Entering store sales figures into master summary
- Reviewing best sellers and sell through reports
- Ensuring stock levels are appropriate
- Arranging distribution of products from our factory to Gina stores
- Arranging store to store transfers, returns to warehouse
- Liaising with and deal with store issues or requests
You'll also be expected to:
- Assess sales performance of products, colours and ranges through in depth data analysis.
- Make financial presentations to directors and senior managers
This position will be Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm. You'll receive 1 hour for lunch, the salary for the position is £30,000 per annum.
Skills & Attributes
To be successful as a Merchandiser / Stock Allocator, you'll need to have the following skills and attributes:
- A numerate degree in one of the following disciplines: Maths, Statistics, Finance, Business Studies
- Strong experience in retail merchandising ideally in footwear or top-end products
- Commercial awareness
- Computer literate
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to adapt - the role is very fast, so you'll need to be able to adapt and change