My client has a specialised approach to learning that sits within the wider context of outdoor and woodland education to create a world where children are inspired by nature and move them away from the modern childhood of screen time or boring plastic toys.
They are presently seeking a Nursery Manager to work in their nursery located in the Chiswick area who will continue to build on their mission and ethos. The ideal candidate will be tasked with providing a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for the children aged 2-5.
The successful candidate will work within a team to create an enabling environment where children can develop and learn through play. You`ll use your existing skills, experience and passion for outdoor education to deliver a fantastic experience for the children in your care, promote my clients ethos and help to make Forest Nursery the best it can be.
- Supervise, observe, mentor and support children aged 2-5
- Be responsible at all times for high standards of care and education
- Ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children; having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories
- Be responsible for and lead all site visits
- Support children with individual special needs, including action plans and support plans as required!
Skill, Qualification and experience:
- Experience of working in a nursery/private day care setting as either a Room Leader or Deputy Nursery Manager or Manager
- A relevant childcare qualification for the role (Minimum NNEB, NVQ3/Diploma 3)
- Minimum of 3 year's post qualification experience
- Preferable experience within outdoor education environment (desirable)
- Experience of undergoing Ofsted inspections with 'good' OR 'outstanding' outcomes
- Experience of working and implementing the EYFS statutory framework.
- Experience improving or trouble shooting within a setting to raise Ofsted outcomes
- Ability to develop robust policies and procedures to support quality childcare
- A robust knowledge of the early years' foundation stage
- An excellent knowledge of the learning and development requirements and the welfare requirement
- Experience of undergoing Ofsted inspections with `good` OR `outstanding` outcomes
The successful candidate will be rewarded with:
- A competitive salary £30,000 - £35,000 (Depending on experience)
- Generous pension contribution.
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of public holidays
- Funded Level 3 Forest School Qualification
- Career progression opportunities
- The opportunity to work in beautiful Tuscany for a week every year
If you feel you`re suitable for the role or just have a general enquiry, then please send your up to date CV to Kelly at BS Social Care: or contact me directly on 0208 918 1420.