We are excited to work with this local surgery who are looking for an administration team leader to join the team and support the Practice Manager and Assistant Manager
Responsible for the day to day supervision and management of reception staff and associated functions including the repeat prescribing and the clinical system, ensuring all functions are carried out in accordance with agreed procedures, protocols and time-scales, reporting to the Team Leader/Deputy Manager as necessary.
- Responsibilities will include -
- Induction and training of all new reception staff
- Management of admin team
- Manage the appointments system including visits in line with agreed policies.
- Deal with more complex enquiries
- Continually assess and evaluate systems recommending changes and improvements to the Assistant Manager as appropriate.
- Deal with general telephone enquiries from patients and public.
- Register new patients and retrieve patient notes
- Make appointments for patients when required.
- Assist in READ coding clinical data onto the computer system
- The above list of duties is not exhaustive and may be subject to change as deemed necessary.
- Ensure communication systems are running smoothly, doctors and reception staff are kept fully informed of changes in procedures
- Assist with production and upkeep of Practice Procedures
- Manage paperwork systems including post, internal and external
- Act as a central source of information for staff and patients.
- Communicate effectively with patients, carers and other team members and be able to recognise people's needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.
An understanding of confidentiality is a must as you would be dealing with personal information of patients and on a daily basis. You would also have access to information relating to the practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential.
- To be suitable for the role, you will need the following skills/attributes.
- Proven customer service skills
- IT Skills and literacy, knowledge of Microsoft office
- Previous experience working as a Lead in a team.
- Ability to empathise and listen
- Adaptable to change in working practices and prioritise work when required.
- Non-Judgemental with an awareness of Confidentiality and an understanding of equality and diversity in the public sector.
- Self-Motivated and dynamic, able to support, motivate and provide mentorship to others and colleagues
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to develop, establish and maintain positive relationships.
Desirable traits -
- 5 GCSE's (A-C) or equivalent, including maths and english.
- A computer qualification such as ILM, RSA etc.
- Previous experience of working in General Practice, Primary Care and experience working in the NHS
- Experience of using SystmOne clinical computer system.
- Experience in conducting appraisals.
- Health & Social Care Mandatory Training, NVQ Level 1 Customer Service, Confidentiality training, Summarising Medical Records, READ Coding.
If you are interested in the role - please contact .
If you haven't been contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your CV then unfortunately you have not been successful.