Job title: Outreach Support Worker
Location: Preston, across Lancashire
Hours: Monday - Friday (flexible starts) 37.5 hours per week
We are recruiting for a Outreach Support Workers within the Preston area with access to a car a full drivers license and with experience working with Young People. In this role you will support and provide young people with the best possible preparation to move on into adult life and support with teaching independence and life skills.
What we need from you:
- Ability to work with people who have a range of mental health and emotional issues as well as domestically abusive backgrounds.
- Hold a full UK driver's license
- Ability and willingness to lone work
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Lancashire
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately.
- Relevant health or social care qualification and/or training
- Knowledge of housing benefits
- Knowledge and experience of working within the mental health field
- Experience working with young people between the ages of 16 - 22 years old
- Experience working substance misuse/drug and alcohol misuse
- Experience in young people observation and report writing.
- Someone who can share our commitment to providing the highest quality support and can demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative by thinking on their feet, as well as being a team player with a strong work ethic.
- Ideally hold an NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social care or willing to work towards.
- Pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum
- Continual professional development
- Flexible working patterns
- Birthday date off
If you are interested in this opportunity, please call Cat Rainford on 01772 400110 or apply.