Paralegal - Litigation Division
Monday to Friday 9-5
1 year temporary assignment with a possible extension
£14.00 an hour
The purpose of the role is to provide effective and efficient administrative support to case holding. You will need to be well organised and able to take the initiative and work closely with others and have good oral and written communications skills. The role will include:
- Provide legal litigation support by corresponding with courts, clients, counsel, experts and witnesses in furtherance of legal claims as directed.
- Understand the CPR and carry out administrative functions under the rules when instructed by a lawyer/case holder
- Carry out simple investigations into claims.
- Prepare instructions/briefs for Counsel, Agents, Experts and Investigators.
- Prepare summary assessments of costs for court.
- Prepare, file and serve straightforward court applications.
- Preparing draft witness statements and list of documents
- Photocopying and preparing bundles
- Prepare redactions to documents under direction of lawyers.
- Maintaining electronic records in Case Management System
- Assist with the maintenance of core databases.
- Arranging meetings, making travel arrangements, taking minutes at team meetings
- Preparing Payment Request Forms/payment of court fees
- Dealing with cases administratively once settled.
- Sweeping up, weeding and closing files
- Complying with LEXCEL requirements and assisting the Team Leader and team as a whole in ensuring compliance
To be successful/apply:
1 year paralegal experience required
I look forward to hearing from you.